As we come out of lockdown, we are getting back into events mode. Therefore, with immediate effect, we are changing the focus of UK Nannies Matter; we’re moving from campaigning and back into active training and educating.
We’re going to bring UK Nannies Matter into UK Nanny and use it as a platform to support the development of nannies, while also encouraging families to make informed and better employment decisions.
Why are we doing this?
We feel this is the most effective way for us, with our resources and skills, to affect change within the Nanny industry.
Our year of campaigning delivered some great results:
- We gained momentum with a well-supported petition (thank you for your support)
- This helped us start valuable discussions with many councillors, MPs and industry figureheads
- We agitated and elevated the call to get Nannies recognised as Professionals
However, all discussions led to the same barrier – the Department of Education. Each and every approach was brusquely shut down with the reasoning that the government is not prepared to regulate home-based child carers.
Therefore, we will now turn our attention to those in the home – families and Nannies.
If you wish to keep campaigning for regulation – which we truly believe is industry critical – please follow and actively support the Regulation Matters campaign.
How Nannies Matter will evolve in the months ahead
UK Nanny will continue to deliver a suite of industry leading events that both enrich and celebrate Professional Nannies. For a UK Nanny event to go live, it will have to demonstrate how it embraces the ethos of Nannies Matter.
For Nannies we will:
- Continue to drive for best practice for all Professional Nannies, including new nannies who are starting out in their childcare careers
- We’ll offer events, workshops and get-togethers that build and enhance our community
- We’ll showcase and share initiatives which we believe bring the ethos of Nannies Matter to life
- And, most importantly, we’ll continue to provide a supportive community of nannies through UK Nanny. Remember, we are stronger together!
For families we will:
- Develop and share a suite of materials that explain best practice for employing a nanny and support families in making better employment decisions
- Create a network of partners that provide services that support better employment decisions, and actively encourage families to engage with them
- Offer an online forum for families where questions can be asked and advice can be given
This is just our start point; we commit to continually review, amend and enhance our UK Nannies Matter initiatives.
If you have an idea for an event to help us achieve our goal of getting Nannies recognised as Professionals, please do feedback on the @UKNannyEvents Facebook page.
As we come out of lockdown, we have a lot of exciting events planned and we can’t wait to have you physically join us.
Onwards we go!
The UK Nanny team
For Press and Partner Enquiries:
If you would like more information regarding UK Nanny events, please do get in touch.