Contact us:

Ofsted Registration

Ofsted registration can be a bit daunting if you don’t know where to start, so we’ve made this guide to help you. There are a few things you might need to do first to qualify for OFSTED registration, we’ll go through these below.

You will need to register as an in home childcarer on the OFSTED Voluntary Childcare Register.

Whilst you should pay for your your nanny insurance yourself, your employer should pay the OFSTED fee of £103 as it is only beneficial to them. They may also offer to pay for your first aid course or any training you may need to undertake.

Before applying to OFSTED you need to complete steps 1 – 4.

Step 1

Complete a DBS Check

Step 2

Common Core Skills and Childcare Knowledge

Step 3

Paediatric First Aid

Step 4

Pubic Liability Insurance

Step 5

Complete CR1 Form on Government Gateway

ofsted registration

DBS Check

You can apply for the update service as soon as you apply for your new DBS or within 30 days of the certificate being issued. Your DBS certificate should state ‘Child Workforce’. Your DBS usually takes up to 6 weeks, but may take longer.

£52.10 for DBS / £13 per year for update service.

Common Core Skills and Knowledge in Childcare

You will need to either have a childcare qualification of level 2 or higher, or complete a common core skills course.


ofsted registration

Paediatric First Aid

Nannies must have completed a 12 hour paediatric first aid course. A 6 hour course and e-learning section is also available. Ensure your course is OFSTED satisfactory. Paediatric First Aid courses are valid for three years, and then will need to be taken again.

Prices vary from around £80 upwards.

Public Liability Insurance

Insurance provides essential cover for the nanny should anything happens to the children while they are in the nanny’s care should they be liable.

From £63 upwards

au pair in france

Government Gateway - Ofsted Registration

You need to create a government gateway account in order to access the online OFSTED registration. Make sure you write down your gov gateway number in at least three different places!

You should then complete the CR1 form as a Home Childcarer under the Voluntary part of the register.

Good luck!

Sensory Bag Londonnannygram
Au Pair

Sensory Bag

Sensory Bag guest post by LondonNannyGram. Sensory Bag I always think presents for little ones can be really tricky to get right, especially babies under

Read More »
Close Menu